PDA

Visualizza versione completa : Morto Bobby Hatfield, dei "Righteous Brothers" (Unchained Melody)

Giorgius
06-11-2003, 17.03.29
http://www.richmond53.fsnet.co.uk/images/1025.jpg

06 nov 15:43 Musica: e' morto Bobby Hatfield, dei "Righteous Brothers"

WASHINGTON - E' morto nella sua camera d'albergo a Kalamazoo, in Michigan, il cantante Bobby Hatfield. Aveva 63 anni. Il decesso e' avvenuto poco prima di un concerto. Sconosciute le cause. Hatfield, assieme a Bill Medley, aveva dato vita al duo soft-soul "Righteous Brothers". Tra i loro successi, "Unchained Melody" e "You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling". (Agr)

Info:
http://freespace.virgin.net/p.richmond/index.htm

:( (F) (F) (F) :(

Giorgius
06-11-2003, 17.06.54
Written by Hy Zaret and Alex North for the 1955 movie "Unchained". The movie starred Elroy (Crazy Legs) Hirsch and Barbara Hale (of Perry Mason fame)
Performed in the movie by Todd Duncan, (the original baritone in Gershwin's "Porgy & Bess")
Instrumental version by Les Baxter in 1955 went to #1
Also in 1955 a version by Al Hibbler went to #3 on the charts. Other artists charting with this song in 1955 included Roy Hamilton (#5), June Valli (#29)
Best known version today performed by The Righteous Brothers, who hit # 4 on the Top 40 charts in 1965
Featured in the movie "Ghost" the Righteous Brothers version returned to the charts at # 13 in 1990
A 1993 Version by LeAnn Rimes went to #3 on the country charts

Per chi non se la ricordasse:

Oh, my love, my darling,
I've hungered for your touch,
A long...lonely time.

And time goes by, so slowly,
And time can do so much,
Are you...still mine?

I need your love, I need your love,
God speed your love, to me.

Lonely rivers flow, to the sea, to the sea,
To the open arms, of the sea.
Lonely rivers sigh, "Wait for me, wait for me",
I'll be coming home, wait for me.

Oh, my love, my darling,
I've hungered for your touch,
A long...lonely time.

And time goes by, so slowly,
And time can do so much,
Are you...still mine?
I need your love, I need your love, god speed your love, to me.

Eccomi
06-11-2003, 17.51.46
(L) E chi se la scorda...(L) Un mito di canzone, due grandi interpreti... L'indimenticabile cover di Elvis Presley, la colonna sonora di Ghost e di chissą quanti amori... :rolleyes:

:( (F)

TyDany
06-11-2003, 18.04.40
:((F)

Puppauz
06-11-2003, 18.07.19
Purtroppo conosco solo la famosissima colonna sonora di Ghost...
(F)

Lu(a
06-11-2003, 20.30.19
Dispiace

(F)